Friday, June 7

Reminder to self: Don't Stop!

Assalamualaikum w.b.t

This entry is to remind myself to be consistent in improving myself, with the hope, when I read this particular entry later, I will still be on track. InsyaAllah.


Since I quit my job (which was yearsss ago), I have always wanting to improve myself spiritually. That is, having more me time, I vow myself to read more quran, learn the tafsir and master the arabic language, attend / listen to many ceramahs/usrahs/ majlis2 ilmu, do the wajibs more diligently and try to practise the sunnahs and make a habit out of em. I admit most of the times, I was slacking. Susah nk lawan godaan syaitan bile kite jauh dengan Allah, I can testify that! But when you equip yourself sufficiently, nak tepis godaan tu SENNNANG sangat.
I am not saying that working people has less time for god. It really depends on the person. As for me,  I need my own time to be able to 'upgrade' myself. I am jealous of people who can perform tahajjud, read the quran before subuh, work, perform dhuha, pray in the mosque, attend usrah / qiyamulail during the night and weekends and still have time to exercise and spend time with families. I can't commit myself to that tho I know it's possible.

I am grateful that I have such lovely circle of friends, positive minded people who always reminded me to be thankful.
I came across this video. Someone posted it on facebook. Thank you for sharing dear friend. It's simple, but touched me...to be more thankful.


I love how prophet Muhammad care for Aisyah. 
I love how the sahabahs prioritize performing solah over everything. Sometimes we are too obsess with our daily lives and solah is the last thing we have in mind.

I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful that Allah has crossed our path; me and M.
I am thankful for having lovely friends.
I am thankful for SHOR.

No comments: