Tuesday, February 11

Kisah Roti

Assalamualaikum

I spent my last weekend MAKING ROTI!!! I enrolled myself in a 2-days-course -Theory n Practical of Bread Making. There were only 2 of us-a guy and me attended.
Sangat banyak knowledge yg dapat alhamdulillah. We made Focacia, baguette and white bread with 3 different types of fermentation-Pate Fermentee, Poolish and Biga.
Someone pointed out to me it's a waste to keep all the knowledge by myself, so here I am writing a blog about making bread!
Haha. Im no pro. Only sharing what I learn haritu.

The basic ingredients of making bread are these 4:
1) Tepung
2) Yeast
3) Water
4) Salt

Fermentation is the core thing of making bread. Yeast is responsible in menjayakan this process.
Notice there are no sugar used as the ingredients? Sebab:
1) it's not healthy
2) we want the yeast to keluarkan the sucrose in the tepung. Interesting ey? I never knew dalam tepung ada gula.

So if you only use these 4 ingredients bile buat roti, but your end result taste good (ada rasa manis,ada rasa masin sikit, bkn masam, bukan rase tepung), you can pat your shoulder and berbangga u succeeded in making roti. (which I did alhamdulillah :D )
If your bread turns out white-ish, maknenye too much kneading/mixing. Oxidation sudah berlaku. It should turn out brown and tasty :)
Here are some pictures I took during my course.









Baguette lupe nak egg wash . Scoring pon buruk gile.






White bread yang soft and fluffy


Ok. tu je lah. As for how to make roti, I don't have video to show you. If you're interested, go and enroll yourself in any bread courses. Saya pergi Masterbaker Academy @ Bandar Baru Bangi. The chef is experienced. Fee pon affordable. Recommended!

No comments: