Sunday, October 26

Bila Telefonku Rosak

Salam

My phone broke last week. The day when M went to Terengganu, my phone broke. It restart and restart and keep on restarting. So I was phone less for about 4 days. I only depend on house phone or the internet to communicate with people. That means, only when I am in the house I get to communicate with people. Like the old days la kirenye. Where, when you need to meet your friends, you set time and place to meet. If they don't show up, depending on your tolerancy to wait for your friends. If they don't show up, you go and find a public phone and call to ask his / her whereabouts. Ingat tak those times? :P

Last week, I planned to go swimming with my sister. We confirmed the time and place to meet. 
After swimming, we planned to have lunch near my house. I asked her to follow my car. But she lost me in the middle of going there. No way of communicating in the car, so I continued driving to the restaurant, hoping that sister can find the way herself. When I arrived at the restaurant, borrowed the owner's phone and call my sister. Direct her to the restaurant, put down the phone and wait for her patiently.
In the evening, I have another plan with a friend. Use sis's phone to confirmed on the time and place to meet. So I waited for this friend to fetch me. In the city, you have to consider the traffic jams. Extra waiting time need to be added. While waiting for this friend, I really wish I have a book or magazine to read. Because nowadays, people will depend on their smartphones while waiting for someone. Kan?? So who carries book in their handbags anymore? Only few!
So what I did? I talked to the person beside me. Said hello. Shared some unimportant details of myself. So did the person beside me.You see, I am socializing FOR REAL! That's how they do it dulu2. Haha.
From this recent misfortunate, I understand that phone is essential. Because it sure make things easier especially when you get lost, or anything emergency. But nowadays people are too attached with their smartphones. Have to check the phone at least every 30 minutes. Which to me, memenatkan. Being phone less for almost 4 days, and now I am using my old phone which is not smart at all, only can call or SMS, makes me realize that smartphones;the one where you can access internet and do almost everything with it,  is making life stressful a bit. I honestly feel that. I feel peace not having to check my phone all the time. Seriously. You should try to off your data for 1 day and see the difference. Hehe.

As for the new phone, of course I am buying a smartphone. Will go and buy when I have the extra money. As for now, I am happy with the old phone. As long as it functions perfectly. I won't buy the expensive Iphone, not a Mac user anyway. I prefer Android. Not going to buy a fancy smartphone either. I don't find spending lavishly on something that you can get with a cheaper price but with same features necessary. Sekarang kena berbelanja berpada-pada. Rasa tak selesa nak lavish2 bila ramai lagi orang yang tak mampu kat dunia ni :(


No comments: