Tuesday, September 14

1413

Raya '10 @ Pilah

I have drafted an entry in Malay, but don't feel like posting it.

I promised myself to write in Malay as much as I can. I've noticed, my vocab is getting weaker from time to time. The only source for me to improve my Malay is from newspapers / magazines. I speak 80(or 90)% of Malay everyday but it's all simple Malay. I started to realize I need to improve my Malay since I helped my lil sister on her karangan. Man, it was hard to draft one. InsyaAllah, more of my later entries will be written in Malay. Feel free to comment on the grammar, struktur ayat etc.

How's Raya? Mine's good so far. The day before raya, I told myself to try to eat just enough during raya. After 4 days of raya, I have not feeling hungry AT ALL. All I did was eat and eat and eat and sleep. Terrible ey? Breakfast, lunch and dinner is a must. There's always snacks between meals. I eat eventho Im not hungry. We have more than 10 balangs of kuih raya to finish. How can I not at least try all of them, right?

Daddy's coming home tomorrow. We're going to have some kenduri/makan2 for him. Then I will try to puasa 6. It's the only way to stop myself from eating :| I have to stop eating daging. These 4 days have been all rendang daging for me. And lemang has been my must have daily delicacy(??) .
Now perot pon dah bloat. Thighs pon getting bigger macam kaki lembu New Zealand.
It's time to undusty my running shoes ppl!!

I can't sleep. I have been sleeping too much during the day. Yerp, the only 2 things I did during raya :|
Hayoh!

2 comments:

Farah Haida said...

We mainly do not speak "simple" Malay. We speak colloquially, informally... It's actually BROKEN Malay. It's weird how I try so hard not to make any error when using English and goes out of my way to speak broken Malay. =_= Well, not really out of the way since it flows out naturally but consciously not wanting to use the formal Malay. Ish. Way to go Irna!!!

irizis said...

wah!! good info :)